Underwater Art Competition
Another festival highlight was the Marine Visions Art Competition including a launch event at Mary Ryan’s Byron Bay on Friday 11 May.
This event was organised with the help of Retrospect Galleries Byron Bay and we made quite a splash. Prizes for the art competition included printing vouchers, introductory dives, whale watching tours, a KODAK voucher and MadFish wines.
‘Marine Visions’ - Open Medium Art Competition
Submission Deadline was 3rd May 2007
Calling for Submissions
Retrospect Gallery in association with the Byron Underwater Festival is hosting the first inaugural ‘Marine Visions’ Art Competition and Exhibition.
Not to be confused with the ‘Underwater Photo Shootout Competition’, this is a fantastic opportunity to display and sell your work over the course of the festival and be in the running to win over $2000.00 of great prizes.
Our team of professional judges including the Echo’s Geoff Dawson, Lismore Regional Art Gallery Curator Stephen Alderton, Rosie-Lee from Arts Northern Rivers and Tim Hochgrebe from Planula will announce the winners on Friday the 11th of May at a lively exhibition launch held between Retrospect Gallery and Mary Ryan’s Bookshop and Café Byron Bay.
Bring your friends along to meet artists and photographers, view some amazing marine art and enjoy music and wine sponsored by the Underwater Festival wine sponsor Mad Fish.
This is a great opportunity to market yourself as an artist. Entry spots are limited so be quick to enter your best work.
Non-refundable entry fee of $25 per work entered.
The Judging Panel will make the final decision over which works will be hung for the competition. There is no guarantee that all works entered will be displayed.
First 25 entries receive a discount printing rate from Retrospect Gallery.
Criteria for Entry
- Deadline 3rd May 2007 No entries after this date will be accepted.
- All works must be related to the Marine environment - either above or below the waterline.
- All works must be “ready to hang” exhibition quality in any medium or sculptural form no larger than 1 m cube.
- “Overall Best Work” Award
- “Best Artistic Composition” Award
- “Most Original, Innovative Idea” Award
- “Environmental Awareness” Award
- Peoples Choice Award (Public Vote at the Exhibition) Entry Deadline: Friday 3rd May 2007 Exhibition Date: Friday 11th May 2007
See Byron Bay transform into an underwater art gallery.1197