Marine Wildlife Presentations
Current program for Festival Presentations
Please keep checking this page - times are still subject to change.
Friday and Saturday presentations will be held in the Studio Room at the Byron Bay Community Centre - these events are FREE to anybody.
The Byron Underwater Festival Finale will be at the Byron Community Centre Theatre - the UF07 Finale event is included for many Underwater Festival participants - additional tickets are available at $10 on the door and include a glass of MadFish fine wine.
- Friday 11 May - Whales, Dolphins & Turtles
- 4.00pm - The Dolphins of Byron Bay
- 4.30pm - Saving our sea turtles - Lance Ferris (Australian Seabird Rescue)
- 5.00pm - Humpback Whales - ‘Tales of Spirit Dreaming’ - The Oceania Project
- 6.00pm - National Day of Action to Protect Whales - The ‘Flight of the Humpback’
- Saturday 12 May - From Birds to Nudibranchs
- 6.00pm - Seabirds and Shorebirds of the Byron Shire - Byron Bird Buddies
- 6.30pm - The Role of Marine Protected Areas in Maintaining Biodiversity - Cape Byron Marine Park (MPA)
- 7.00pm - Introduction to Nudibranchs - Neville Coleman
- Sunday 13 May - UF07 Finale
5.00pm - Byron Underwater - documentary screening
- 6.00pm - Underwater Naturalist - Neville Coleman
- 7.00pm - Underwater Photographic Shootout Presentation & Awards